Sunday, October 21, 2012

Parramatta Lanes

A few weeks ago, I caught wind of the fact that there was going to be an event taking place in Parramatta called 'Parramatta Lanes' as part of the Crave Sydney Festival.

I immediately knew that the besties and I would be partaking!



We plonked ourselves in some deckchairs and watched the passing parade. We listened to the band (The Cope Street Parade) playing some funky tunes above the La Toosh crepe stall, and just enjoyed the eclectic vibe from all that was on offer in Darcy Lane. There was a woodfire pizza van which I purchased a slice of peperoni pizza from ($5) - it was good, really nice flavour from the sauce and plenty of peperoni slices - they didn't skimp! I was seriously hungry at this point so just hoed in to it without taking a picture haha. Sorry!




After Darcy, we headed down to Batman Walk, which had a French theme to it. Lovely props and some musicians on the accordion and guitar. I decided to stop and purchase a meatball Panini ($4) from the Cafe Sotto tent. REALLY good – although could have done with an extra meatball as I only had one meatball and a bit of sauce on my large square of bread. But the flavour – rich and tomato-y, with a subtle creaminess from the slice of cheese and a bitter zing from the rocket.





As I wolfed down my meatball Panini, we headed to the next lane – red cow. Gelato served from the back of a vespa by Coco Gelato, and a projector screen set up showing a movie, with cushions and chairs to relax in. We skipped past the gelato, deciding we would come back later, and went on to Erby Place.

Erby Place was my favourite part of the Parramatta Lanes. A delightfully decorated cocktail bar (Grasshopper Bar) with fairy lights and lanterns, and milk crates to sit on and hang out with your friends. If there is something that I like, it’s a good sit on a milk crate.



We each got a cocktail (only one though cause we were all driving. Booo!) and some dumplings. I got a 'triple prosperity' which was rum with I think pineapple and orange juice for $12. Refreshing, served in a little jam jar, and if you bring your jam jar back, it's only $10 the next time!








The dumplings were awesome -vegetarian dumplings filled with a hot soup which we happily slurped down. I'm not sure how much these were because Liz bought them - thanks Liz!

We sat around and enjoyed the vibe for a bit longer, and contemplated gelato when we remembered that wowcow was just a stones throw away – I couldn’t resist the moo of the cow and went with a strawberry & chocolate frozen yoghurt topped with flake. Creamy, delicious, and way too good to remember taking a photo before I demolished it!

I definitely recommend a trip to Parramatta Lanes – it’s on again this Thursday and Friday evening from 4:30pm – 9:00pm. I think I shall pay them another visit for a few more cocktails!

1 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

how fun was it!! loved the vibe and esp the drinks :P