Oh my goshhhh I love cheesecake.
This hasn't always been the story though.
I remember when I was little, probably about......actually, it was so long ago I can't remember how old I was, anyway that's irrelevant, I just remember staying at my sisters house one time (she's almost 18 years older than me!!) and her asking me if I wanted some cheesecake - my little brain just couldn't comprehend that. A cake. Made of CHEESE?! Eww, no thanks. Of course, I thought it was made from cheddar cheese........she failed to tell me that it was actually made from the delightfully delicious cream cheese!!
Anyway, I la la loooove cheesecake now, and what could make an already awesome dessert even better??
Oreos of course!!
Adapted from the oreo cheesecake recipe from the Philidelphia Website.
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup crushed oreo cookies (I bought a packet of normal sized cookies and took the cream out of the middle and crushed the biscuit bit)
- 100g oreo cookies crushed (I used 1/2 a pack of normal oreos (with the cream in the middle) and also some mini oreos)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 500g block Philidelphia Cream Cheese, softened (I used about 350g)
- 50g butter, melted
To make the filling, beat the cream cheese & sugar until smooth. Add the gelatine mixture and fold through. Add lemon juice & cream and beat until fluffy. Mix in the normal & mini oreos and pour in to the chilled base. Put it in the fridge and let it set for about 2 hours. I piped some cream on and put mini oreos on top of it after it was chilled. YUM!!