Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Engagement Cake

This weekend just gone I made an engagement cake.

A three tier engagement cake.

I have a confession to make:






I've never made a three tier cake before now. Enter freakout zone.

I think I did pretty well for someone who has never made a three tier cake before - there was a near disaster between the cake and my mother in the car on the drive there, but let's not talk about that ok??

Chocolate bottom, white chocolate middle & caramel top:

 

The cake is based on the engagement invitation - a very cute one I might add. I'd upload it to show you, but apparently Blogger doesn't like pdf files. Silly!! Those kind of files are very common, Blogger!! 


 
 
Anyway, disaster was averted, and the cake got there in one piece. 

1 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh you did a fantastic job! I can't believe that is your first one too-it looks brilliant. My foirst one, well errm I should say thank god for cream cheese icing lol :P