Nom nom nom.
That's the sound of me eating mars bar banana bread.
It's really, really good.
Moist, bananary, caramely, chocolaty goodness.
I've had it bookmarked for a while, and I've also had 3 rather over ripe bananas sitting in the freezer, just begging to be baked with.
When you take a bite of this bread, every so often you get this little burst of chocolate, and caramel and it really just makes life worth living.
Recipe from taste.com.au
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed (I used 3)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 3 x 60g Mars Bars, chopped (I used 3 king size, because there's no such thing as too much - and they were on offer too hehe)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 7 x 11 x 21cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper (I didn't use baking paper, I just greased the tin......should have because a piece of mars bar got stuck to the bottom and left a good chunk of the cake in the tin. Whoops). Beat butter and brown sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs and mashed bananas.
- Combine flour and Mars Bars. Fold into the butter mixture with milk. Spoon into pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Set aside to cool, then cut and enjoy!!