Sunday, July 25, 2010

SeaSweet Patisserie, Parramatta

On Saturday, I met up with a friend for lunch. I had been out the night before, was slightly hungover and decided that a huge all day breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns and cheese fries from nut'n'fancy was appropriate. I regretted that when I remembered about SeaSweet - I should have saved my stomach.

We headed up the street after our lunch and walked in to what is a treasure trove of baked goods. I didn't have my camera with me (I blame that on the alcohol....I just didn't think to bring it.....what a shite food blogger I am!!) so unfortch I don't have a photo of the actual place.

It's been there for ages, infact I think it opened there when I worked just 1 block away from it, but I never went there.......god only knows why. They have a massive range of cakes, pastries, chocolates, biscuits and lebanese sweets too.

Tart strawberry - $4.50
This was delicious. Smooth, creamy custard, crisp buttery pastry and the strawberries had the BEST flavour.....you know how sometimes on tarts, the strawberries can be not so fresh and a bit flavourless?? These were plump and juicy and fresh and had a really strong flavour. 

White forest cake $4.50
This was quite nice - vanilla sponge cake with sweet cream and fruit. The sponge was maybe a tad bit dry, but had a nice flavour. The cream was taaaaaasty, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as too much cream. I have to say though, the fruit was a bit disappointing.....it was of the canned variety. I still enjoyed the cake though. 

Choux a la creme chocolat - $4.50
Non soggy choux pastry is always a win in my eyes. It was filled with delicious chocolate cream and it was generously filled. I would have taken a photo but.....well I just wanted to eat it ahahaha but it was filled to the brim with chocolate cream. Rich, sweet, chocolatey goodness. 

Tiramisu - $4.50
Boyfriend ate this because I'm not the worlds biggest tiramisu fan. He made grunting noises though, so I can only assume that meant it was awesome. 

Petit four chocolates - 250g for $13.95
These are little shortbread bases, ultra buttery, topped with a ganache and coated in crisp chocolate. The marble one in the background is my favourite, it's got white chocolate ganache and pistachios inside it. So yum. 

I'll have to go back soon because they have indoor & outdoor seating (with heaters) and I'm sure they would make delicious coffee so I want to eat in next time!! 

SeaSweet Patisserie
Shop 4, 354 Church Street
Parramatta 2150
Ph: 1300 90 80 70

4 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I often don't get inside shots too :P for me I can't get them looking very nice so I just forget it and enjoy eating them! :)

chocolatesuze said...

ooh you were in my hood! next time def try the knefe it's square of cheese drenched in a syrup and you eat it in a burger and it sounds weird but its awesome!

cupcakexgirl said...

Hehe I used to live in your hood and am only a few more minutes down the road now - infact I used to be a regular at pancakes in Northmead & Subway at North Rocks too hehe....small world!!

Amy @ cookbookmaniac said...

I've always wanted to visit this place as I work in the same suburb. Everything looks so srumptious!