Monday, July 12, 2010

T2 Cafe at Macquarie Centre

Today I had afternoon tea with my mum, brother & his fiancee, both my sisters, and their children.

That's 10 people all together.

And I didn't think to make a booking. Infact, I don't even know if they take bookings.

My sister and I arrived at the same time and to my dismay the place was full. Packed. It didn't occur to me that it would be busy on a Monday afternoon at 2pm. But it's school holidays (I forgot). After moving around from table to table after people left, we finaly got a good table with an awesome couch at it to boot - check it out!!

Purrrrty!!


I ordered a pot of chai tea, and some scones ($11 - I think it was $4.50 for the tea and $5.50 for the scones). The scones came with some reaaaally smooth, thick cream. It was delish. And the scones were really nice and fluffy on the inside and a bit crisp on the outside (just a thin layer of crispness) and they were slightly warm too. They usually come with jam but ummmm I don't really like jam.......hehe so no jam for me thanks!! The tea was really aromatic, very enjoyable with just a dash of milk.

The pretty cup & saucer for my tea

My mum ordered sandwiches and a pot of russian caravan tea ($14). The sandwich flavours were smoked salmon, ham & cheese, cucumber and......something else I can't remember. Whoops. 

My brothers fiancee ordered some scones too, and a pot of goregous geisha tea. It was SO nice I had a taste of it and I could smell the strawberry in it as I put the cup to my mouth. It was just slightly sweet with the strawberry flavour and very refreshing. It was served hot, but you can serve it cold in the summer too. I can imagine it would be very nice on a hot summers day.

The ambience in T2 is also really beautiful - it's dark, mysterious, has a very oriental feel to it, and is a little bit quirky too. Vintage patterned china, beautiful lanterns, old world furniture. Just beautiful. Very calming.

It was a nice little afternoon tea, and was really nice to be with my family - today's a bit of a sad day for my family. 14 years ago, my mother, father and I were in a car accident and my father passed away as a result of it. Every year, I miss him more and more, and it was good to be surrounded by people who love me <3

T2 Teahouse
Macquarie Centre
Shop 413
Herring Rd (Cnr Waterloo Rd)
North Ryde 2113 NSW
Phone: (02) 9888 3665

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a good time! I bet the scones were crazy good.

chocolatesuze said...

always love the atmosphere in t2! and sorry to hear bout your dad *hugs*

grub said...

i never knew t2 was like a cafe as well. all along i thought they just sold tea :P

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

The T2 tea experience definitely looks worthwhile. What a bittersweet occasion it was though. I hope you are ok :)